Prince Ali, Fabulous He, PhD

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

To the T dot (part one)

See this was the school situation:

I needed specific classes, so that i could finish my degree in four years, and if i didn't get them i would be doomed. My backup plan was queen's, but the problem is the money. Living by myself would just cost too much money, like twenty thou a year. But living with big bro, in TO, would cost much less per person, and plus he'll have money to buy me raptors tickets (yippee!!!).

Anyways, Queen's was then made the backup to the backup plan. If i didn't get shit from TO, then i would have went there. If i could get at least a couple of my required classes, then i would have just done all the requirements for medschool, and then entered early. Easier said than done, but if that's how it would go, then that's waht i got to do. And if I could get it all, then i would be set, and could choose medschool early, or degree then medschool. And then, more school, and then life, hot wife, kids, big house, backyard grove and oasis, etc.

So twelve hours after my surgery i wake up to head to the U of L, to register for my U of T courses. I got there at about 3:50 in the morn. I had to wait ten minutes, cause the web service didn't open until 4:00. So then, I can't log in. ...........................And do you know why? Cause every freakin kid in the world is registering right at that time. Lucky me. So even on 100.0 Mbps (which is the theoretical maximum, as i am told, and i don't know why that is so), the U of T thing is slow as hell, nonono, slow as Trung. Poor little guy.

And so I can't get in for the first 20 minutes. And the last time i checked there were only 80 chem spots left, from an original 5000, on the opening day of registration. Cause when i registered back on july 25th, 4920 spots were gone in two hours. Psycho, psycho kids. And so, teh rest were left for those, who were in second year like me, to pick up at 4 in th morn, and if we didn't get it, we were screwed, or at least i was.

So anyways, i get on, and click "add course". It takes 2 minutes to load. And i see that there are now only 6 spaces left. And the only class available totally conflicted with many other courses already registered. but i had to take it.

Next came physics, But that seemed to work out very nicely. there were like 50 spaces left, and it fit in quite well to my schedule.

I needed a social science option, but 200 level, cause 100 level would have just screwed me over in teh long run. And so i picked, "psychology of Religion", no idea what the hell it is, but seriously it was the only one i could pick. And guess how many spaces were left? 2! 2 spaces. I lucked out pretty bad.

Okay so now i had a max course load, but some major course conflicts. Lucky for me, they were all conflicts with english courses. I only needed a year's worth (2 english classes) of english, but i signed up for three just in case, something like this were to happen. I had two short story classes (i hate margaret lawrence), and one sci fi film class. They all conflicted with chem and or physics. and so I had to get rid of there asses.

So what did i pick? I picked the final f****n spot, of yearlong shakespeare. Damn right, i'm a shakespeare man. It wasn't available before, but ppl must have dropped it within that very hour i was there, and so i got me the final spot. And honestly, 12 plays, in a year, ain't so bad. Sure beats margaret lawrence, and albert (not albérto) camus. And plus i'm a poetic superstar as you can see, so i will totally ace that class, cause i can compete so good with all teh english major nerds.....*sniff*. I'm kinda scared, but what can i do, hamiright?

So i have, 6 in the first semester, and 5 in the next, but for the first time in a little while, life seems to be taking a good path. All my problems seem to be solved, and now i can start afresh in the beautifully smauged city of TO.

What awaits me in the blue?
find out for yourself in part two.....
i am now signing out, g'day to you,
This is prince ali, and i pity da foo'

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home