Prince Ali, Fabulous He, PhD

Monday, December 12, 2005

Scared.

For the first time in my life,
I fear the result of my strife,
I have been unprepared,
But never was I scared,
But now my overconfidence,
Hath been exposed ever since,
I laid eyes on my work,
Without my usual smirk,
For now i'm truly being tested,
And perhaps this time i've been bested,
I knew it was going to be rough,
But that was never good enough,
All that time i made it wait,
Now it's too little too late,
I put the work off to the end,
When really i was supposed to bend,
Bend, and change my ways,
Instead of ignoring it for days,
But its not like it will kill me,
Though my failure doesn't thrill me,
I will fare better than will most,
But it is hardly a thing to boast,
In this dark sea i lie here weltered,
All this time thinking I was shletered,
By my gift i thought enchanted,
That i too soon took for granted,
Though luck can still be had,
And it may not be that bad,
I do not mean to insult,
But I want only high result,
I have set my bar very high,
Though i cannot see why,
I now see, in my displeasure,
My true ability they do not measure,
But this is no excuse,
I can blame only my abuse,
Of the skills i have been given,
Due to them i've not been driven,
I've thought i had the drive,
But it takes much work to strive,
I must vow to beat the herds,
But again these are just words,
It is through action it may seem,
That i will ever reach my dream,
From future failure, i must detach,
But today, I've met my match.

1 Comments:

  • beautiful mr. maj :'(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home